Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Level 1... DING, Gratz!

Ok so first post. Always a fun moment, full of nerves and worry. The excitement and anticipation that someone, somewhere might read this and get a laugh out of it. Then of course it may also stay unknown, and be my little sanctuary where I rant about the good, the bad and the ugly parts of WoW.

To start off, I'll tell you about myself. I'm 22 years old, I'm a chick, and I work in a gaming store. The only game I get to play ALOT of is World of Warcraft (HORDE FOR LIFE), mainly because I'm a cheapskate and am still living with my parents, so trying to get game time on the 52" plasma is basically unheard of. Although I have been able to play The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess the last couple of days... I think my mum feels sorry for me because I have the flu HAR HAR.

The last console game I finished was Blue Dragon. I'm a lazy gamer with console games, I start and stop. I started HAWX, Fable 2, Street Fighter 4, Banjo-Kazooie nuts n bolts, CoD: World at War, Lost Oddysey (Too. Much. Talking.)... literally a drawer full of games unfinished.

HOWEVER, World of Warcraft is the one game that I have been playing almost continuously for the last 4 years. I no longer hold the rigorous raiding schedule that I used to, I just don't have the time and/or effort for that anymore, but I do love a good romp in a Battleground, smashing peoples faces with my lionheart executioner. Oh, wait... that was PRE Wrath of the Lich King. I got lazy, I will admit it. I worked the Midnight Launch for WotLK, took home my collectors edition (paid for in FULL no staff discount) and went to sleep. YES, I went to sleep. Sad of me I know. I installed, I rolled a deathknight and waited for hour upon hour to kill "X" number of "mob" because 400,000 other people decided to roll a death knight too. Then I left the game alone, for a looooooong time.

I didn't game at all. I really don't know what I was doing at the point.. oh wait, that's right. NOTHING. Watching crappy tv. Eventually I got back into WoW and dragged my Partner for life/in crime back into it as well, he was as happy as a pig in poop levelling his dk. But I couldn't find my groove. I leveled my druid to 75. My Deathknight to 70, my Warrior to 71 and then Poof. I was supposed to be leveling my Warrior with my Partner in Crime's Shaman. But I couldn't do it... We were leveling our deathknights together and I got bored of that too. So, I went to the warrior again. And BLAM! level 70 - 80 in no time at all. Apparently a Titan Grip Fury Warrior and Blood Spec'd Deathknight are leveling machines.*insert dramatic music here*

There were some amusing moments... My partner in crime, now to be refferred to as Kaeltheras because Partner in crime is FAR to annoying to type, and I found that we could 2 man most [3] and [4] man quests, making the leveling and LOOT really good. Well.. good for Kaeltheras, BAD for me because I was in epics. I do however remember standing in front of a GIANT frostwyrm in Dragonblight and typing "Lol, this will be easy" and having my face smashed in with a 6k crit with the first hit. Not so easy. So we pushed on doing quests entering the occasional "LFM to kill giant Frostwyrm" in general chat. We finally got a level 80 shammy and pally to help us out, but still... we were demoralized.

I have noticed in playing through WotLK (not that I have actually played through it yet, rested xp from level 70 - 80 meant I didn't even have to do Icecrown, Storm Peaks, Sholazar basin, or Wintergrasp) but regardless of that, I have noticed alot of difference in the way quests are layed out, and how well they seem to knit together. I'm actually paying attention to the stories when there is a quest line, I can actually chain together 10 quests without going "Omfg where am I going again, plz 2 b helpz?!" And the scenery is FANTASTIC. That might have something to do with my new video card, but REGARDLESS STILL PRETTY!! It seems that alot more detail has gone into the creation of WotLK in comparison to Burning Crusade. BC Was good, but WotLK was exceptional. And now... CATACLYSM! Woo Woo!! Bring on the destruction of Azeroth. FIRE everywhere!! Deathwing the Destroyer is PISSED.

So that is all for todays blog entry, tomorrow, I shall try for a more comedic entry about the trials and tribulations, of a noobs first outing in the world of Azeroth...

Tip: Male Taurens + Bear Mount = Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment