Monday, May 31, 2010

Sooo I've been gone a while...

Howdy again!! I haven't updated in quite a while, but to be completely honest, since my last post I haven't really played much WoW. Well that's not 100% correct, but I did lose alot of interest in the game for a fair whack of time. I got my warrior to level 80, and my interest kind of petered off. Granted there were still plenty of things for me to do, however running around with a titan grip fury warrior does NOT make for invites to parties. Can't really help much, all you can do is whack stuff. You can't sheep, you can't sap, you can't do anything like that, so you're pretty much just relegated to hitting stuff and trying to keep your threat down. Some time during all of that, I invested in a new video card and monitor. My old video card was really starting to annoy me. Low frame rates, high heat, things like that. So I bought a 9800GT, it ran WoW MUCH better. I had also been playing with dual displays at this point and was in a nightly ritual of farming whilst watching house on my other display.

It was good for a little while, however I had to run WoW in windowed mode or else the whole game jumped around. Then I started having issues with my monitor. Wouldn't turn on, would be on and then just randomly go black, but not turn off. So the power button was still green (not in standby mode) but nothing would appear. I had to punch the bottom left hand corner of my screen to get it to appear. Soooooo I bought a 20" wide screen dell monitor. It's very pretty, and part of me misses it, but for some reason my love for windows and all things PC has died as of late.

Since my last post I also moved to Melbourne to live with my partner. I spent the better part of a week playing WoW on his brand new 23" imac (or whatever size it was lol) and fell in love. So quick to load, so smooth and seamless to play. Since then I couldn't bring myself to play it on my pc, let alone set my pc up. It's still sitting at the bottom of the staircase!! But during this time I transferred my warlock to frostmourne, so I could have a character to play with one of my friends who is fairly new to WoW. My warlock is level 70 (ding gratz me) and is currently finishing quests off in netherstorm. My friend however has decided that her time would be better spent playing Dragon Age Origins!!! COME ON!! I pay for a transfer to play with her and she dissappears! lol. Anyhoo, I got into quite a nice groove with the warlock and have been enjoying him quite a bit. He's affliction spec, not quite sure where I'm going to put the remainder of my talents as I level to 80, but we shall figure it out. I have some points in demo for improved Blood Pact and healthstones, but I haven't really thought much further than that.

So whilst I was enjoying my warlock they released the apple iPad. A wonderfully pretty little thing, but after pondering and having a play with one the real world application of the device really had no appeal to me, because it REALLY didn't have any real world use for me. So I did some research, some soul searching and some finance checking and went with a 15" MacBook Pro instead. My old Acer laptop was starting to BSOD every second time I turned it on, and was so big and bulky (entirely my fault, I wanted the 17" screen) that I never took it anywhere.

The 15" MacBook pro would have to be one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have no idea why people hate macs so much. They're beautiful to use and look fantastic! And let me tell you, playing wow on a laptop and getting 69fps - 189fps is just... mind blowing. Granted I have only had my macbook for a day, but it just feels right. Even now, as I sit here typing and watching Family Guy, I feel comfortable. The keys are spaced apart like on a normal mac keyboard and just feel great. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!! Back. Lit. Keys. Just perfect for nighttime playing. It's like using my g15... only prettier. YES LOGITECH!! PRETTIER!!

Soooo anyhoo, enough ranting about my macbook pro, this IS supposed to be about WoW... although it does just say Girl of Warcraft so I supposed I could talk about anything. But the truth is, I love WoW again!! I never didn't love it, I just lost some interest. And to add to my love of WoW, I have it on my Twitter feed, and continue to get bombarded with pretty screenshots from the up and coming expansion "Cataclysm"

Now, who doesn't want a tauren Paladin? I have two names saved for mine "Holeecow" and "Morecowpal" yep, I'm a moron. But the whole idea of the game being completely transformed by a cataclysmic event just has me so happy! The starting areas being completely different, and seeing how things have changed is going to be great. I tried to start a mage, he's level 6 at the moment and to be completely honest I don't even know why I tried to do this. I mean seriously, when cataclysm comes out, Starting a new character is going to be awesome, because it's all going to be new.

Anyhow, that's enough for now, I will make a more coherent post in about a week, that involves more WoW and less macbook ;)

Until then,
Enjoy Azeroth!!!
~Girl of Warcraft

Tip: Felhunters are your friends against casters...


No comments:

Post a Comment